FESTIVALS & OUTDOORS
Macon Beer Festival (SOLD OUT)
August 25, 2012
The Macon Beer Festival is the party with a cause. In its second year as a Pints for Prostates event, this festival showcases wonderful beers while this a grassroots campaign uses the universal language of beer to reach men with an important health message. The campaign raises awareness among men about the need for regular health screenings and PSA testing.Put on by the Rotary Club of downtown Macon, Main Street Macon and several of the downtown venues. You’ll be able to stroll to different downtown Macon locations and sample three beers at each location. Men 40 and over will be offered a free PSA blood test, a $75 dollar value.
The drinks start flowing on Saturday, August 25 at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are $17.50 and are available through Mercer ticket sales. Online orders have an additional fee of $1.00 per ticket.” Tickets are $20 the day of the festival.All tickets are “will call” and will be available for pick up beginning at 3:00 p.m. in Third Street Park. ID will be checked at Will Call and at each venue.Help raise money for Prostate Cancer research while having fun at this great event. Cheers!
Like us on Facebook
- Choral Society of Middle Georgia: Handel’s Messiah, Stanley Roberts, conductor at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Christmas Hay Day Family Event
- Soul and Springwater Festival at Mellow Mushroom - Macon
- SHREK the Musical at Macon Little Theatre
- Exhibition and Gallery Talk at Hardman Hall Gallery - Mercer University
- Night Blooming Serious at Campus Black Box Theatre
- A Very Merry Holiday Pops at The Grand Opera House
- Goodwill Gala at Anderson Conference Center
- An Evening with Third Day at Macon Centreplex
- Open Studios and First Friday Reception at Contemporary Arts Exchange