FESTIVALS & OUTDOORS
Macon Beer Festival (SOLD OUT)
August 25, 2012
The Macon Beer Festival is the party with a cause. In its second year as a Pints for Prostates event, this festival showcases wonderful beers while this a grassroots campaign uses the universal language of beer to reach men with an important health message. The campaign raises awareness among men about the need for regular health screenings and PSA testing.Put on by the Rotary Club of downtown Macon, Main Street Macon and several of the downtown venues. You’ll be able to stroll to different downtown Macon locations and sample three beers at each location. Men 40 and over will be offered a free PSA blood test, a $75 dollar value.
The drinks start flowing on Saturday, August 25 at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are $17.50 and are available through Mercer ticket sales. Online orders have an additional fee of $1.00 per ticket.” Tickets are $20 the day of the festival.All tickets are “will call” and will be available for pick up beginning at 3:00 p.m. in Third Street Park. ID will be checked at Will Call and at each venue.Help raise money for Prostate Cancer research while having fun at this great event. Cheers!
Like us on Facebook
- Mercer University Opera: Handel’s Alcina, Martha Malone, director; Richard Kosowski, conductor at McCorkle Music Building - Mercer University
- Behind the Scenes Tours at Hay House
- A Christmas Gala
- "Swinging into the Holidays with John Tesh" at The Grand Opera House
- Amphion String Quartet at Wesleyan College - Burden Parlor, Olive Swann Porter Building
- Christmas at Hay House
- " A DAZZLING DECADE " at Art on the Avenue Fine Art Gallery
- Poetic Peace Open Mic at Midtown Key Club at Midtown Key Club
- "John Berry: The Christmas Concert" at The Grand Opera House
- Windborne’s Music of the Rolling Stones at Macon City Auditorium